Sacred Impact Ministries
Warning: This Zone is not for those who believe that their lives are "just fine". Nor is the Zone for the faint of heart or the overly sensitive. We dig deep. We tell the truth here. Beware!
When you step into the EncountHer Zone, you will experience a number of things. Some things you experience here will shake you emotionally. Others may cause you to reevaluate the direction your life has been heading. But know that the Zone is meant to challenge you in a positive way, to strengthen and empower you by dealing directly with the realities of life while utilizing the tools of truth and encouragement from God's Word.
No one goes through life untouched by calamity or adversity. There will be crises that we will have to deal with. Circumstances that are out of our control. And each of us will make mistakes and bad decisions. We will have our share of mess ups. But at the end of the day, how do we pick up the pieces and continue to move forward, instead of getting stuck in an undesirable place?
Have you ever done something that you regret? Something that deeply hurt another person? Have you ever had something happen that shook your world and changed your life forever? Something that changed how you view yourself. Changed how you relate to other people – or how you don’t relate to other people. Maybe changed how you think about God.
- Maybe you were injured or have a health challenge that limits you physically or mentally
- Perhaps you lost a loved one to death and you have never been able to move forward with your life.
- Maybe you had an abortion and now wrestle with guilt.
- Maybe you were molested as a child. Or have been a victim of rape or some other abuse.
- Or perhaps you are addicted to prescription drugs or alcohol or something else. You struggle to maintain control of a situation that is a ticking time bomb.
- Maybe being sexually promiscuous in your younger life or having an affair outside of your marriage has produced disastrous results in your life and the lives of your loved ones.
- Or maybe you have a secret so devastating, so terrible that you have swept it under the rug, pretending it doesn’t exist. You refuse to deal with it. So you have built a fortress around it to protect yourself from it. Only you are a prisoner of that same fortress.
Many times we struggle with the traumatic things that life has dealt to us. Some situations were completely out of our control. Some were our own mistakes or bad decisions. But as long as the hurt and pain of the past are still alive and active in your mind and in your emotions, they will keep you from moving forward into the future. But now is the time to be set free! You don't have to continue to struggle!
THE REALITY IS:
There is nothing you can do about your past. It is just that..….past…...over. But you can do a whole lot about your future. You can’t change where you’ve been or how you got to where you are now, but you can change where you’re headed.
Maturity, growth and healing and deliverance are part of what God says belongs to us as His children. Here is Wisdom 101 - you cannot change other people no matter how determined you may be. Chances are, they are just as determined to stay the way they are. But you can become the “whole person” that God intended for you to be. Let the Word of God become the lens you use to get deeper insight into understanding yourself and what needs to change in your attitude, you mind, your emotions, your relationships and in your life overall.
THE GOOD NEWS IS:
You and I are not stuck. We are not slaves of our damages or our failures. We are not destined to relive our hurt and pain over and over again. And we are not slaves to funky behavior patterns that we need to let go of. There is no such thing as “this is just how I am”! Not if we are “in” Christ. We can move! The Bible says, if you have truly given your life to Christ, you are a new creation. Everything old is past. All things are new. If you have fallen away from your faith in Christ or fallen back into the old ways, simply turn back to God. Call out to Him. He will answer. He will forgive you - and then you must forgive yourself. You are free! God's love never changes and He wants the very best for you – that’s the truth and it’s good news!
- Perhaps you consider yourself to be a follower of Christ. You attend church. You talk “religious talk” and go through “religious rituals and motions”. But in reality you are living in a carnal, fleshly place, far away from God.
No more living in a lower place than what God desires and has promised for His children! Thinking, acting and living in a different manner than what we see and experience in this world, that glorifies all things sinful and corrupt, is a challenge.
But God has promised that He would be our strength and our help. God will guide you through the rough spots and help you do the right thing that is pleasing to Him. (Psalm 25:9) And because of God’s grace and mercy, you can get up, dust yourself off and keep moving forward. God is a Healer, A Deliverer, A Provider, A Protector and so much more. He is also our loving and ever-patient Father.
THE TRUTH IS:
Each day we awake, we receive a gift, a new opportunity to live and to glorify God. When we are transformed, we then become transformers who impact this world. Do you believe it? Will you trust God and put your faith into action? We are not stuck – we can move! Are you up for the challenge?
Now...... let's go deeper into the
Click for Relationships - Part 1